Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Who can I talk to in order to begin planning for retirement?

Feel free to contact the Vermont State Teachers Retirement System (VSTRS).  You may also wish to consult your financial manager, tax accountant or other financial advisor.

Where can I get more information on aging and Medicare benefits? is an incredibly comprehensive website that you can browse through, with phone numbers if you have specific questions that cannot be answered.  You might also wish to talk with someone at your local Community of Vermont Elders.  You can find a link to other helpful websites on our Resources page.