VEHI Mission Statement
The Vermont Education Health Initiative (VEHI) is a non-profit organization that, for more than two decades, has served school districts by offering employee benefit plans responsive to the needs of both employers and employees and their dependents. VEHI also provides health insurance benefits to retired teachers and their dependents through the Vermont State Teachers’ Retirement System.
Our work has three essential components:
- Making available a range of employee benefit plans, in collaboration with major insurance carriers, that are cost effective, affordable and high-quality;
- Designing and investing in school-based and post-employment wellness programs that give individuals and families the confidence, support and resources they need to lead healthy, productive lives; and
- Keeping school districts, local unions, and the Vermont State Teachers’ Retirement System informed about the health insurance market, health care reform initiatives and regulatory compliance obligations under federal and state law.
The VEHI Board acknowledges the value to school districts of a solid partnership between school boards and their employees’ representatives by conducting this work in concert with both VSBIT and Vermont-NEA.
In conducting our work, we adhere to the following guidelines:
- VEHI will only offer employee benefit programs and services that are valuable to members and can make a meaningful difference.
- All information and education provided by VEHI will be accurate, timely and unbiased.
- VEHI will maintain the fiscal integrity of the organization so it can meet its current and future obligations to members.
- VEHI will provide factual and vetted information, as requested, and in a purely neutral and objective manner, to parties engaged in collective bargaining.
Adopted November 12, 2014